Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I'm the worst blogger ever

Random thoughts:

- So, it's been 2 months now since my last blog, pretty bad if you ask me. I really need to work on that.

- I can't believe some people's blogging habits (or should I say addictions). It seems like all they do is read stuff on the internet and write stuff for their blogs. Do they get paid for this? Some people write stuff that's fit for a journal article, not a meaningless blab on a blog. Maybe one day I will be as cool as those folks.

- I'm only taking 14 hours this semester, but it seems like I've got just as much work as before, which stinks.

- In addition to being a TA for 10 hours a week, my new job involves me refereeing 5th and 6th grade basketball for the local Boys and Girls Club. I really enjoy it and look forward to every saturday when I can go and make a few bucks doing something I consider fun.

- I got a lot of books for Christmas, which made me very happy, which makes me a nerd. A rundown of what I got: 1.) A 38 volume set of the Ante-Nicene and Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers Series (a collection of writings that were important in the early church, from the apostolic fathers through around 400 or 500 AD I believe) 2.) Ethics by Deitrich Bonhoeffer 3.) Your First Two Years in Youth Ministry by Doug Fields 4.) Mere Christianity by CS Lewis 5.) The God-Bearing Life by Kenda Creasy Dean 6.) Practicing Passion by Dean and someone else, I forgot 7.) The Best Question Ever by Andy Stanley.

- My fiancee got me the TOP GUN collector's edition DVD for Christmas which rocks because it is the best movie ever. I've watched over 2 hours of the special footage thus far and am only affirmed in my believing in the superiority of this movie.

- I've read most of The Best Question Ever, and it's a decent book, it'll make good sermon material one day.

- I'm down to one option right now for my internship that is required for me to graduate. If this final option falls through, maybe I'll go out into the desert preaching and eating locusts.

- When Rusty and Noah and I start our church somewhere down the road, they have decided I will be designated the Pastor of Philosophy. What exactly that means, I'm not sure, but I think it has a lot to do with me reading lots of books and questioning everything the church does. Sounds like the perfect position for me.

- One of my life goals is to have a library as large as Dr. Johnson's and have actually read everything sitting on my shelf. I already am behind on my reading with the paltry library I currently have. Once I'm Pastor of Philosophy, I'll get to catch up.

- I love my fiancee. I wanna be married.